Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Host!!! :)

        Ok guys this has got to be one of my all time favorite books! After I read the book I watched and OMG! It was amazing, but I will always think the book is better because they a lot more details in the book then in the movie. By the way I know this sounds weird, but this was my comfy book! :)

       In this book a girl named Melanie Stryder, her brother Jamie Stryder, and your boyfriend Jared Howe are going through a alien apocalypse with aliens called souls. In this book I would hate to be Melanie and Wanda (the soul that takes over Melanie's body) because Melanie is trapped in her own body while another substance contra it. Melanie is able to get some say in what her body does but not a lot. I don't know about you guys but I would hate to be trapped in my own body while someone else is controlling it. I think what I learned most about this story is the bond between Melanie and Wanda. Which is kinda ironic if you ask me that she actually forms a bond with the alien that takes over her body but she does.

        They form a tight bond because Melanie thinks that Wanda takes really good card of her body so in the end Melanie doesn't want Wanda to leave. I personably think that is amazing to form a bond with one another and that it would help a lot if they did. In the book they go through a lot of hard times like when Wanda likes another guy named Ian but Melanie still had feelings for Jared so Melanie doesn't like the fact that Wanda likes someone else. If I was Melanie I know I wouldn't be ok with it either, because it would still be my body and I would like control not someone else that I didn't even know. Unfortunately the girls still have other obstacles a head of them both.

         They also have a lot of trouble with seekers (high class souls like doctors) this specific one knows what it's like to have the host fight the souls from taking over their body, so she wants Wanda so she can help her so she could take full control of Melanie's body. If I was Melanie at that point I would not be okay with it all because I would like to have control of MY own body. The seeker follows wanderer around to see if she would lead her to the other resistance. As you can see Wanda and Melanie face a lot of obstacles that come at them, but they work together as one to clnquer them. Thanks guys soooo much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post and go check out The Host by Stephenie Meyer! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment